- parents and staff governors who are elected by parents and staff associated with the school
- foundation and Local Authority governors who are appointed by the Church of England and Local Authority
- co-opted governors who are members of the general public with an interest in education and are appointed by the board of governors
The Instrument of Government link provided at the top of the page details the composition of the board.
All governors are appointed in a voluntary unpaid capacity for a term of four years and undertake regular training to ensure that they contribute effectively to the conduct of the school.
The business of the school is progressed by the whole board of governors working together in the best interests of the school’s pupils. This work is undertaken through the formal meetings of the board of governors, its sub committees and by visits to the school. The board has two sub committees which look at key aspects of the school and report back each term to the board of governors:
– resources committee – reviews personnel, finance and premises
– school improvement committee – reviews curriculum, pastoral work and pupil achievement
Please find links to the relevant information at the top of this page.