As part of our continuing efforts to reduce waste and lessen our negative impact on the environment, the school is increasing the amount of its ‘paperless’ communication. The financial savings will enable the school to allocate additional funds to support teaching and learning for our pupils; we will also considerably reduce our environmental footprint by the reduction in our use of paper and other consumables. It also brings us in line with other local schools.
Many parents report that they do not receive letters, or that they find them at the bottom of book bags once they are out of date. It makes sense, then, that we review this method of communication.
What does this mean for parents?
- All generic communications will be sent via e-mail, will also be posted on the school blog and will appear on our website: www.wormleyprimary.co.uk. To receive the blog, it is recommended that you download the school APP from Google Play or App Store.
- The school will continue to send out our monthly newsletter ‘News on the 19th’ via email
- Text messages will continue to be used for brief reminders or notices
- Consent for trips can often be given via Wisepay, however if you need a printed copy and do not have access to a printer, spare copies will be held in the school office
- We will continue to blog, post on twitter and facebook about events in school
What do parents need to do?
- Let us know if we do not have your up to date email address – this information has been sent via email so you can check you receive it
- Download the school APP
- If you are a Facebook and / or twitter user, then consider following the school